Divisions banner

Failed to load licensing components!

Please RE-INSTALL / REPAIR Module! DO NOT UNINSTALL MODULE which will cause unrecoverable data loss!

Warrant FAQ

If I have a warrant with a city inside the county can I just pay the county?

Williamson County does NOT centralize all warrants. If the offense occurred inside the city limits then it's possible the Police Department may hold the original warrant.

If I have a warrant can I pay here, if not where do I pay it?

The Williamson County Warrant Division does not accept payments on any warrants, however, the Issuing Authority or Williamson County Constables Offices may be able to collect money for those warrants that contain fine amounts.*

How can I figure out if I have a warrant?

A person has a couple options to determine whether or not there is a warrant for their arrest.

  1. You may go to the Sheriff's Office with a photo ID.
  2. You can ask your attorney to fax the Sheriff's Office on official letterhead.

The Warrants division is prohibited from giving out any information via email or by phone.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get an application/permit?

Download a copy of the application for permit. Complete it fully, and return it with the required fee to the address on the bottom of the form.  You may also call the Alarm Unit at (512)-943-1340 and an application can be emailed, faxed or mailed via USPS, to you.  You may stop by the Sheriffs Office and pick up an application.  Your alarm permit will be returned to you in the mail.  You do not have to post it in a front window, just know where it is in the event you must show proof of permit.

How much does a permit cost?

Permits cost $25.00 for two years and is renewed every other year.  A renewal notice is mailed 30 days prior to the permit expiring.

How many false alarms are allowed before I am fined and how much is the fine?

Five free false alarms are allowed in a one-year period.  The one-year period begins at the time you have your first false alarm.  All others are billed at the rate of $75.00 each, until the one-year period ends.  You then begin a second period with another five free false alarms, and the process continues.  Your alarm permit can be revoked for non-payment of assessed fines or have more than nine fake alarms in a one year period.

If I move or sell my house or business, what do I do?

Contact the Alarm Unit of the Sheriffs Office at (512) 943-1340 and tell the administrator the date you will vacate the premises, your new address, and provide the name of the new owner.  Be certain you call your alarm company and have the system cut off and removed from your name.

Can I leave my alarm permit for the new owner\occupant?

No. The permit is not transferable to another person or address.  It must be cancelled and the new owner\occupant must purchase a permit in their name.

What do I do when I go on vacation, or I am going to be away from home for an extended period of time?

First, call your alarm company and tell them the dates you will be gone and the name of the person you are leaving in charge of your home.  Provide them with all the telephone numbers where that person can be reached.  Be sure the person is fully trained on the use of your system and knows the codes to cut off and reset your alarm system.

How long can an alarm system sound before I am fined?

Every alarm system must have a 30-minute shut-off feature.

What is the procedure for apartment complexes with security systems pre-wired in each unit?

First, the lease manager or owner of the apartments must purchase a permit for the lease office and common areas.  Each occupant who desires to use the security system in their individually leased unit must first purchase a security (alarm) permit.  You are subject to all the same rules and responsibilities as a homeowner.

What is a false alarm?

According to the Williamson County Resolution, a false alarm is any officer response call to your home and the officer finds no evidence or situation requiring law enforcement, fire, or medical emergency response personnel. There is no evidence of an attempted crime, crime in progress, or crime that has just occurred.  There is no fire.  No one needs medical attention.  It does not matter what caused the signal or who caused the alarm to occur.

A false alarm can be caused by numerous things. Examples are:

  • Visitors, real estate agents, contractors, cleaning crews, or simple error
  • Doors and windows left ajar or unlocked
  • Animals inside the premises and the sensors are too low or too sensitive
  • Mail dropped through a mail-drop slot
  • Power outages coupled with improper battery back-up system
  • Telephone line problems
  • Overly-sensitive system that activates when persons rattle a door or window
  • Drapes or balloons blowing in the breeze or air conditioner vent
  • Errors by alarm monitoring service
Office of Professional Standards

What is the Office of Internal Affairs?

The Williamson County Sheriff's Office maintains a separate unit for receiving and investigating complaints from citizens against Sheriff's Deputies, Corrections Personnel, and Civilian Employees. The Office of Internal Affairs is a separate unit, which reports directly to the Sheriff and his Executive Staff of Bureau Chiefs. Internal Affairs is a fact-finding entity, and its purpose is three-fold:

1. Protecting the Public: The public has the right to receive fair, efficient, and impartial Law Enforcement. Any misconduct by Sheriff’s Office personnel must first be detected, then thoroughly investigated and finally, properly adjudicated to assure the maintenance of these qualities.

2. Protecting of the Sheriff's Office: The Sheriff's Office is often evaluated and judged by the conduct of its employees. It is imperative the whole organization is not criticized because of the misconduct of a few. An informed public must have confidence that the Sheriff's Office honestly and fairly investigates and adjudicates all allegations of misconduct against its employees.

3. Protecting the Employee: Employees must be protected against false or misinformed allegations of misconduct. This can only be accomplished through a consistently thorough investigative process. Sworn statements submitted to the Internal Affairs Section are notarized and treated in the same manner as testimony in a court of law. Therefore, Aggravated Perjury statutes apply. However, the Internal Affairs Section will investigate any complaint regardless of how it is received.

How do I contact the Office of Internal Affairs?

The Office of Internal Affairs is in the Headquarters Building of the Sheriff's Office located at 508 S. Rock St., Georgetown, TX 78626. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Phone messages can be left any time after hours and will be returned, when employees return to work at (512) 943-1360, or 512-943-1398.

Contact may also be made by filling out a Quality Assurance Forms, or you can obtain the form from a uniformed deputy, supervisor, or Administrative Assistant.

How do I commend an employee?

Everyone likes a pat on the back when they do a good job. Williamson County Sheriff's Office employees are no different. Each year, the Sheriff's Office receives numerous employee commendations from the public, but for each one we receive, there are many more commendable acts that go unrecognized.

When you receive service from the Sheriff's Office you feel is worthy of commendation, we would like to hear about it. Call the employee's supervisor [if you know it] or the Office of Internal Affairs (512) 943-1360, (512) 943-1398. Or simply fill out the Commendation Form found on this site and mail it in or drop it off to any Sheriff's Office employee. You may also complete the form, save it, and email it to wilco.sheriff@wilco.org. 

 Please include the information you can remember such as the employee's name, the address, date, or any other circumstances about the incident. The employee will be notified of your commendation as will his/her supervisor. A copy of your commendation will also be placed in the employee’s file.

Please feel free to contact the Office of Internal Affairs or a Patrol Supervisor if you should have a specific question or concern.

What happens to my complaint after it is received?

All complaints received by the Sheriff's Office are routed by the severity of the complaint. The most serious types of complaints are investigated by Internal Affairs, and involve allegations such as excessive force, any discharge of firearms, or serious rules violations such as insubordination. Complaints comparatively less serious in nature, such as rude behavior or improper procedure, are forwarded to the individual officer's division for investigation. In every case, the person making the complaint will be notified of the final disposition either by telephone, email or U.S. Mail.

Financial Crime Documents
 TitleOwnerCategoryModified DateSize 
Credit/Debit Card Abuse Form  1/29/202174.02 KBDownload
Forged Check Form  1/29/2021136.03 KBDownload
Identity Theft Package  1/29/202151.78 KBDownload